Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blessings.

Hello blogger world,
I have not updated in almost a month, and much has happened. The Resolved conference was the weekend of the 25th of June. It was absolutely amazing! The preaching included Al Mohler, Steve Lawson, CJ Mahaney, John MacArthur, and Rick Holland. It was such a blessed time of refreshment in phenominal preaching of God's Word with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm so thankful to God that He ordained for me to be a part of it.

Recently, by the grace of God it has come to my attention that I need to put things in my life to seriously practice having a joyful and thankful heart. In my last post I wrote about how I can have joy in all things in life when my focus is the glory of God, however I have realized lately that in order for me to maintain that focus I must have daily disciplines and reminders to take joy in all things. In order to kill the sin of discontentment/selfishness and to practice being thankful and joyful in everything, each day I'm going to write down atleast 12 blessings from that day. My prayer is that by God's grace this will help me maintain my joy throughout each day, even when it is a tough one!

Here's the list from today:
1: A sweet eight year old girl who responded to the question, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" by saying "I want to be a mommy."

2: A walk through God's beautiful creation, while listening to worship music.

3: Reading a wonderful book that reminds me of what is most important: the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ.

4: Flowy white sundresses that make me feel like I'm a little girl again.

5: A rock in the midst of Lake Tahoe that is the perfect "Little Mermaid" rock.

6: Continuous laughter and smiles with a sweet girl that is like a little sister to me.

7: Good conversations with friends of all ages.

8: The crazy silly innosence of little kids. Thanks Lord for the blessing of silliness.

9: Ghirardeli dark chocolate mint bars.

10: Hidden places in trees that have a "balcony" overlooking Lake Tahoe that remind of something out of a fairytale.

11: Fun, happy, bright colors of nailpolish.

12: Shoulders that are slightly sunkissed.

13: Sermons by Steve Lawson.

14: Freshly painted bathrooms that make me feel like I'm staying in a beach house.

15: Prayer: that I can lay all things at the Lord's feet. What a loving merciful God.

I am truly a blessed girl. Praise the Lord for all these things!
I'll end with this quote from a sermon by Steve Lawson I listened to today. It's very convicting, but a great reminder! I just love it!:

"If you please Him it does not matter whom you displease. And if you displease Him it does not matter whom you please. The Christian life is simple: please the Lord Jesus Christ. Follow the Lord Jesus Christ. Obey the Lord Jesus Christ. He is Lord."
-Steve Lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment